Friday, August 11, 2006

Eveything is made up of ---------------

This was the question or rather fill in the blank so to speak, I asked a10 yr old boy as a part of the revision for his science test. Till you do the guessing for the answer, I shall give a little background on this.
The social wing of my company sponsors the education of children who belong to the BPL(below poverty line) families in a village, althe volunteers take turns to go to this village on weekends, to tutor these kids. So did I, one weekend only to realise how tough teaching profession is. "Patience" is the key to this profession & unfortunately that is something I lack.
The kids had exams the following week, & so we were helping them revise their lessons. There was this one boy, the naughtiest among them all who was disturbing every one around, I was despite several warnings. This short little boy who looked six but was ten years, was physically weak but had all the energy in the world, seemed to me like a weed spoiling all the crop. Vexed up with his very appearance & his unsteadiness, I started pouring questions on him, assuming that this embarrasment will be sufficient to get him started, or rather make him serious. As expected he answered none of the questions till, came the question metioned in the title, "Everthing is made of -------" yo, you guessed it right, the answer as per the notes was MATTER. But to this question he sponteneously replied, "Everything is made up of GOD". This instantly changed my anger to love for his sweet innocence, I dont know what it was but it pricked my heart, I can never forget that feeling, that little boy with gleamy eyes & a smirk giving out an answer that was beyond science just out of pure innocence.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ravi Shanker said...

i would like you to define me what truth is? Can you define the truth objectively

12:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first thing first....you have good comman sense.....n i shall go thru this again n shall post a honest comment...k

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home