Monday, December 22, 2008

Journey @ ISB

Finally the elusive MBA dream comes true :D Here is a list of things I would like to achieve during my stint at ISB.

I have created a record of sorts - schooling, graduation, work and now MBA all in Hyderabad. This sounds so "jeena yahaan marna yahaan"ish :( :( :( Aim 1: post MBA get placed outside Hyderabad :P

The answer to the golden question "why MBA?" has changed over the years. Immediately after graduation my idea of life post-MBA was kind of supermanish, get into a leadership role, a role that takes strategic decisions that make or break a company. Later dreamt of getting into investment banking because of its glamour. Further on felt a business consulting is THE thing for me. Even at this point I am as confused as ever!! A deeper understanding of subjects on fin, strategy, leadership, and the LDP that helps identifying "SMART" (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-based) should help in moulding my raw, crude, unrefined dreams to tangible, pratical, achievable goals. MBA is a journey of discovering what best suits me, discovering a profession that will have me play on my strengths. So my aim 2: attain enlightenment.:P

Talking about the money. 20lakhs loan at 9.25% p.a. to be paid in 5 yrs time(minimum). The interest on top of the principal would be roughly 5lakhs or so. The total cost of ISB would be around 25lakhs. So, ISB's cost would be roughly Rs.7000 PER DAY! (Pankaj sorry for the plagiarism your analysis was too tempting :P ). Moreover, mammoth assignments biting into precious sleeping time. So much at stake!! A real good placement in an industry and position that best suits me only will ensure a decent ROI. This means good acads and proper self discovery. So my aim 3: ensure a decent ROI.

freeze!!

Will get back to this post in April 2010 to evaluate how I have faired on these counts. I suffer from the IT industry syndrome so cant resist the temptation of setting grades:
grade 1: Aim 1 ,2, 3 sound very childish now, and I have achieved way more than this :D :D :D
grade 2: Managed to achieve all these goals I aimed at.
grade 3: Aim 1, 2, 3 are way too optimistic!!

Will grade myself in April 2010. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Raghav said...

good god. I hope u get a job in hyderabad ;)

5:43 AM  
Blogger atma said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:39 AM  
Blogger atma said...

Congrats,
have fun @ISB
wishin u all luck

10:41 AM  
Blogger Sweta said...

thanks atma!! :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Debonair Desperado said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Debonair Desperado said...

Hahahaha now I clearly understand y IIMs are better than ISB

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home